Gas explosion leads to fire at Aberdeen home

ABERDEEN, S.D. (KSFY) - Firefighters responded to a blaze at a home in Aberdeen Tuesday.

The fire broke out around 10:00 a.m. at home on the 500 block of N. Second Street. Crews at the scene could be seen spraying water into the basement. A large amount of smoke was coming from several windows in the residence.

The City of Aberdeen issued a press release saying the the fire was a result of a gas explosion. A neighbor told KSFY News he was in his garage when he heard an explosion.

Police say they have received no reports of injuries.

City officials have asked residents to avoid the area while crews battle the fire. Utilities in the area may be affected by the incident.

This is a developing story. Check back with KSFY for updates.