With Thanksgiving festivities wrapping up, many people are looking to the next holiday. Many cities in the region have holiday parades going on. Mitchell Olson joined KSFY Morning News with a look at upcoming events.
1. The lights are up at Falls Park in Sioux Falls. The show runs through January 7.
2. The Western Mall lights in Sioux Falls are back. This year's display runs nightly from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. After a one year hiatus, the lights have returned; They took a break due to the immense time it takes to set it all all up. This display has been at the Western Mall since 2010.
3. The Banquet's Run for Food at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving
4. The Jingle Bell run is Saturday in Sioux Falls. It starts at Fawick Park at 10 a.m. Registration starts at 8 a.m.
5. Santa and his Reindeer will be at Lewis Drug Thursday through Saturday.
Here is a look at his schedule:
8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday at the Lewis near 69th Street and Louise
1 to 5 p.m. Thursday at the Lewis near 41st Street and Minnesota
1 to 5 p.m. Friday at the Lewis near East 10th Street and Cliff Avenue
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Lewis near East 26th Street and Sycamore Avenue
2 to 6 p.m. at the Lewis near West 12th Street and Kiwanis Avenue
12 to 4 p.m. at the Lewis near 41st Street and Marion Road
6. The Parade of Lights in Sioux Falls is Friday and starts at 7:30 p.m.
7. The Watertown Parade of lights is Friday at 6 p.m.
8. Huron's Parade of Lights starts at 7 p.m Friday.
9. Fort Pierre has a Christmas Tree Lighting at 7:30 p.m., starting at 4 p.m. on Friday they will have horse drawn wagon rides.
10. Nora Store in Nora, population 5, starts its annual Christmas carolling event at the Nora Store on Thanksgiving weekend.