Yankton apartment damaged in a fire Friday night

YANKTON, S.D. (KSFY) - A duplex in Yankton was seriously damaged after a fire broke out inside one of the apartments Friday night.

Yankton deputy fire chief Larry Nickles says the fire started from a motorcycle that was being repaired inside an apartment that had a broken gas line.

All the people and pets living in the building made it out safely, but the apartment where the fire started is a total loss.

The other side of the apartment sustained heavy smoke damage.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus