Fastcast: Wednesday August 1, 2012 - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Fastcast: Wednesday August 1, 2012

Posted: Updated:

Here's a look at your headlines for Wednesday, August 1:

Unattended charcoal grill causes house fire
A fire broke out at a home on South Holbrook Avenue in Sioux Falls Tuesday evening. It started just after 5:00 on the home's deck, starting the grass on fire and spreading into the home.

Grassfire erupts, close call for two Brandon homeowners
For two homeowners in Brandon, luck was on their side. Firefighters from Splitrock, Valley Springs and Brandon were called to a home south of McHardy Park for a grass fire that was spreading quickly.

Minnehaha County issues burn ban 
Minnehaha County Commissioners have issued a burn ban for the county due to extremely dry conditions.

Minnehaha County asks federal government for drought relief
If the federal government declares Minnehaha County a disaster area, how that money will be used, especially without a new farm bill in place, is yet to be determined.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.