Firefighters: Man dead in Aberdeen house blaze - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters: Man dead in Aberdeen house blaze

Posted: Updated:

Authorities say an Aberdeen man died in a house fire that was probably started by a burner on his kitchen stove.

A neighbor reported the blaze early Saturday. An Aberdeen fire department lieutenant says the man was taken to hospital, where he was declared dead. The fire caused extensive smoke and heat damage.

Brown County Coroner Mike Carlsen says the man's identity won't be disclosed until his family is notified.

A fire official tells the Aberdeen American News that most of the fire damage was in the home's kitchen, and a stove burner was on when firefighters went into the house.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.