Update: 12-year-old boy starts Sioux Falls garage fire - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Update: 12-year-old boy starts Sioux Falls garage fire

Posted: Updated:

Sioux Falls police say Wednesday evening's garage fire was sparked by a 12-year-old boy who was handling gasoline, a lighter and wooden dowels. 

An unattached garage started on fire in the 200-block of Grange Avenue at about 7 p.m. Wednesday. Responding crews found smoke coming out of the garage and a small fire was located in the back wall.

Officer Sam Clemens said the 12-year-old boy who was using gasoline to set wooden dowels on fire. However, the fire spread to the back wall of the garage causing heat and smoke damage to one vehicle and other household items inside.

The fire was quickly extinguished. The boy was charged with Reckless Burning.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.