Vehicle fire prompts apartment evacuation in Sioux Falls
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - A Sioux Falls apartment building was evacuated after a vehicle caught fire in a garage and sent smoke and high levels of carbon monoxide through three levels of the building.
Fire officials say two residents on the building's third floor were unable to leave Tuesday afternoon. Firefighters used high-powered fans to move fresh air to the area until the smoke and dangerous gases could be ventilated.
The blaze itself was quickly put out. The cause was not immediately determined.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)