Officials say Pierre house fire was accidental - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Officials say Pierre house fire was accidental

Posted: Updated:

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - The South Dakota Fire Marshal's Office says a fire that destroyed a home in an east Pierre neighborhood was accidental.

A report from the office says the Friday night fire was likely caused by smoking material.

There were no injuries as the couple and four children were not home at the time.

Crews fought to keep the fire from spreading to nearby homes, and embers also started small grassfires behind the house. Those were quickly extinguished.

A neighbor is collecting clothes and household items to help the family.








(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.