Unattended cooking the cause of Sioux Falls apartment fire - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Unattended cooking the cause of Sioux Falls apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

A fire inspector determined that unattended cooking was the cause of an early morning apartment fire in west Sioux Falls.

The fire was reported at approximately 5:00 am just off of 41st Street in Sioux Falls at 3505 South West Avenue.

Fire Inspector Barry Maag said one neighbor head his smoke alarm and was able to get everyone else out of the building. No one was hurt in the fire. Many of the people living there had to sit in their cars while crews extinguished the fire.

As of Tuesday afternoon, Maag said the people living in the apartment building were staying with family and friends. Maag said the landlord is cleaning the up the apartment building and checking for smoke damage to make sure it is safe before anyone returns.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.