Jefferson family loses home in Christmas morning fire - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Jefferson family loses home in Christmas morning fire

Posted: Updated:

A Jefferson family of five is homeless tonight after their home was severely damaged in a fire.

It started around six-thirty this morning, and took fire crews about six hours to put out the flames.

The family says all their Christmas gifts did burn up in the fire, but they're just glad everyone got out safely.

"What matters most is that the kids and the pets got out. We're just wishing we had the photos and memories that you can't buy, but we're okay and the Red Cross was here by 7:30 this morning and was here for a couple hours," said Amy Campbell-Schlotman.

The Jefferson Fire Department believes the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.