Sioux Falls Fire Rescue crews say it's likely a burning candle caught a mattress on fire inside a Sioux Falls Home early Wednesday morning.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue crews say they were called around 3:30 Wednesday morning for a structure fire located at 1929 E 33rd Street North. When crews got to the home they found smoke coming from the front door.
When crews got there everyone inside the home had already gotten out. The fire was confined to a mattress. The mattress was taken outside and the fire was extinguished. The fire is believed to have been started by candle next to the bed. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue would like to remind everyone to have smoke detectors installed in the home. No one was hurt in this fire.
Thursday, December 12 2013 11:30 PM EST2013-12-13 04:30:05 GMT
Buying presents isn't always an option; for some families, essentials are hard enough to cover. Sioux Falls Area Law Enforcement is looking to help through a program in its eighth year. While it is partiallyMore >>
Shopping with Kids and Cops celebrated its eighth year. Sioux Falls Area Law Enforcement went shopping at Target with children chosen by The BanquetMore >>
Thursday, December 12 2013 11:29 PM EST2013-12-13 04:29:11 GMT
Some Sioux Falls middle school students are working on a project that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy... inside and out. They're making blankets...they will be distributed to students all acrossMore >>
Some Sioux Falls middle school students are working on a project that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy... inside and out.More >>
Thursday, December 12 2013 10:06 PM EST2013-12-13 03:06:37 GMT
Thursday, Representative Kristi Noem said Congress is expected to vote on an extension to the current farm bill this week. "It's very controversial. Not everybody believes that extending it will actuallyMore >>
Thursday, Representative Kristi Noem said Congress is expected to vote on an extension to the current farm bill this week. "It's very controversial. Not everybody believes that extending it will actually be helpful." said Dean of College of Agriculture and Biological Sciences at South Dakota State University, Barry Dunn says extending the bill will not do any good. More >>
Thursday, December 12 2013 8:59 PM EST2013-12-13 01:59:17 GMT
Each step is choreographed. Each line delivered with the utmost confidence. The Dakota Academy of Performing Arts is at it again. This time telling the story of James and the Giant Peach."I was reallyMore >>
Acting out a novel with lots of literary elements is no easy feat. In fact, it's a rather giant venture. More >>
Thursday, December 12 2013 7:20 PM EST2013-12-13 00:20:11 GMT
It is a simple act of kindness gone viral. What started as an idea between two Sioux Falls middle school students is now warming hearts across the Sioux Empire. They are two best friends, Damian MarlowMore >>
A secret project by two Axtell Park Middle School 8th grade students warms the hearts of their classmates.More >>
Thursday, December 12 2013 7:05 PM EST2013-12-13 00:05:50 GMT
Sioux Falls, South Dakota: Sioux Falls Sports LLC, the City of Sioux Falls, and SMG jointly announced today that the Sioux Falls Stampede have signed a lease agreement that will make the Denny SanfordMore >>
A drop of the puck, big-time announcement for the Denny Sanford Premier Center.
Thursday afternoon, the future events center announced its first tenant.