Fire crews say candle starts fire at Sioux Falls home - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Fire crews say candle starts fire at Sioux Falls home

Posted: Updated:

Sioux Falls Fire Rescue crews say it's likely a burning candle caught a mattress on fire inside a Sioux Falls Home early Wednesday morning.

Sioux Falls Fire Rescue crews say they were called around 3:30 Wednesday morning for a structure fire located at 1929 E 33rd Street North. When crews got to the home they found smoke coming from the front door.

When crews got there everyone inside the home had already gotten out. The fire was confined to a mattress. The mattress was taken outside and the fire was extinguished. The fire is believed to have been started by candle next to the bed. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Sioux Falls Fire Rescue would like to remind everyone to have smoke detectors installed in the home. No one was hurt in this fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.