Sioux Falls Stampede: 3 Unique Forwards - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Sioux Falls Stampede: 3 Unique Forwards

Posted: Updated:
Stampede Forwards (Left to right): Todd Skirving, Thomas Forgione & Ryan Siiro Stampede Forwards (Left to right): Todd Skirving, Thomas Forgione & Ryan Siiro

On Saturday the Sioux Falls Stampede take on the Dubuque Fighting Saints at home. They head into the weekend holding strong in first place in the western conference. We've already introduced you to Stampede Goalie Charlie Lindgren who is credited as a reason for so many wins.  This time Nancy Naeve Brown has some fun with three of the forwards who all have something unique to share.

"I'm with 3 of the big studs with the Sioux Falls Stampede and they all have little unique things each their own.  First I'll start with Ryan Siiro. He is going to Princeton next year and since he is so smart I thought I'd ask him a few trivia questions. Are you ready?

Q: "What are Princeton's colors?"

A: "Orange and black," Ryan Siiro answered.

"We'll actually its Princeton Orange but we'll give you that," Nancy said.

Q:" Princeton is in the Ivy League. Can you name two other schools in the league?"

A: "Columbia and Harvard," Ryan said.

"I can't seem to stump him. I want to ask you some Minnesota questions since you are from Bloomington, "Nancy said.

Q: "What does the Minne mean in Minnesota?"

A: "Small?" Ryan asked.

"You'd think so wouldn't you but that is not correct. Any other guesses?" Nancy asked.

A: "North"  Ryan said.

Q. "It means water," Nancy said.

"Let's go over to the superstitious Canadian Todd Skirving. What do you do or don't do before games?" Nancy said.

"I like to go through a certain routine. I wear certain boxes, I eat a snickers bar. I have certain dances I do before the game, "Todd said.

"Whoa, whoa whoa. Did you say dances? Let's see it? Pointing to the other 2 and the goalie, do you all know it? Oh, it's super secret. Superstitious secret. Do you eat a certain meal before the game?" Nancy said.

"I used to eat chicken and rice but I have switched to spaghetti with no sauce on top, just plain spaghetti," Todd said.

"Sounds delicious (not) but it seems to be working. You are having a great season so keep that up. Now let's go to Thomas Forgione. I've heard you are one of the fastest speed demons out there on the ice," Nancy said.

"Yeah, I skate pretty well," Thomas said.

"Do you have a record from end to end or how do you time that kind of thing?" Nancy asked.

"I've never been timed before," Thomas said.

"Well you are about to be timed. I have my phone and I'm going to time you.. Oops I about fell down. Good thing I'm not on ice. On your marks, get set, go!" Nancy said.

(Thomas takes off skating to the other goal)

"He skated to the end faster than I could move 2 feet. He made it in 6.5 seconds. Very nice! With fast skaters, brains and superstitions like this. They are going to win. Go check out the Stampede." Nancy said.

Saturday's game is at the Sioux Falls Arena. Puck drops at 7:05 p.m.  Stampede vs Dubuque: Top two teams in the league square off!

First 1,000 fans through the doors receive a FREE Stampede playoff rally towel!

Owning Your Outdoors: Tree Care

Friday, July 25 2014 9:36 AM EDT2014-07-25 13:36:12 GMT
    Doug says that the natural crown line of a tree should be easy to identify.Doug says that the natural crown line of a tree should be easy to identify.
    There are a number of reasons to prune and crown trees. Trees can grow to close to buildings, power lines or sidewalks and become a hazard. Trees can also be crowned and pruned to make them cosmetically more appealing.More >>

Flooded Luverne farmer gets second chance

Wednesday, July 30 2014 5:01 PM EDT2014-07-30 21:01:48 GMT
    The flooding in Luverne over Father's Day weekend left a lot of homes and parks flooded.  It also flooded a lot of farmland. Just a couple days after the heavy rain, KSFY spoke to an area farmer who lost most of his crops. We check back in with one farmerThe flooding in Luverne over Father's Day weekend left a lot of homes and parks flooded. It also flooded a lot of farmland. Just a couple days after the heavy rain, KSFY spoke to an area farmer who lost most of his crops. We check back in with one farmer
    The flooding in Luverne over Father's Day weekend left a lot of homes and parks flooded.  It also flooded a lot of farmland. Just a couple days after the heavy rain, KSFY spoke to an area farmer who lost most of his crops. We check back in with one farmer.More >>

Mendota Heights officer killed in West St. Paul shooting

Wednesday, July 30 2014 3:34 PM EDT2014-07-30 19:34:05 GMT
    KSTP News confirms a Mendota Heights police officer was shot and killed during a traffic stop on Dodd Road near Smith Avenue in West. St. Paul around noon Wednesday.More >>

Driver arrested in morning Sioux Falls hit and run

Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:52 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:52:33 GMT
    Sioux Falls Police identified the driver charged in this morning's SUV into house accident as 31 year old Shawn Essem, the SUV slammed into a house, nearly hitting a woman inside. More >>
    More >>

Effort aims for no fatalities on I-90, I-94

Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:06 AM EDT2014-07-30 14:06:07 GMT
    Law enforcement agencies in the Dakotas are joining counterparts in 13 other states in a four-day interstate enforcement campaign on Interstates 90 and 94.More >>

Stickney, Corsica school districts to consolidate

Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:04 AM EDT2014-07-30 14:04:41 GMT
    Voters in Stickney and Corsica have overwhelmingly voted to consolidate their school districts.More >>

Sioux City riverboat casino prepares for last day

Wednesday, July 30 2014 9:20 AM EDT2014-07-30 13:20:25 GMT
    The Argosy riverboat casino is preparing to take its last bets Wednesday, having told the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission that it will close by 5 p.m. as ordered.More >>

South Dakota task force to study child sex abuse

Wednesday, July 30 2014 6:44 AM EDT2014-07-30 10:44:45 GMT
    A South Dakota task force will study the sexual abuse of children and recommend ways to address the issue.More >>
    More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.