Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. Officials probe deadly NYC commuter train derailment
Investigators looking into the Metro-North wreck will examine factors ranging from excessive speed to mechanical problems.
2. Administration says worst glitches gone from health care website
The online portal will face a new test on Dec. 23 when consumers rush to meet deadline for Jan. 1 coverage.
3. Which dilemma retailers are facing after Black Friday
Despite rising numbers of people who went to stores this weekend, shoppers spent almost 3% less than last year.
4. Thai prime minister says she won't resign
Violence continues in Bangkok as government leader rejects demonstrators' demands.
5. What Jesse Owens' Olympic medal reveals
The black athlete's gold trophy from the Berlin Olympics, up for auction this week, recalls American segregation and Nazi propaganda about Aryan supremacism.