Leaky tail pipe sends Rapid City girl to hospital - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Leaky tail pipe sends Rapid City girl to hospital

Posted: Updated:

RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) - A Rapid City child is doing well after her mom found her unconscious in the back seat of the car from what turned out to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

Lavita Ramirez told KOTA-TV she initially didn't know what happened to 9-year-old Leticia.

Bystanders called paramedics and the girl was taken to a hospital and given oxygen.

The fire department determined the car had damage to its exhaust pipe. Ramirez recently bought the used car from a tow yard.

Common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include drowsiness, nausea, headache and flu-like systems.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.