Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. Ukraine president announces early elections
Yanukovych also promises to form coalition government in bid to defuse crisis, end fighting in Kiev between police and protesters.
2. Why federal budget deficit is fading as a political issue
Annual spending gap has fallen sharply, lawmakers are tired of budget battles, and public has shifted its focus to issues like health care.
3. Life of young woman in Yemen is entangled with al-Qaida
Story of Abeer al-Hassani, her ex-husband and three brothers provides rare look at one branch of the terror network.
4. Who Obama will host at the White House
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama coming for a meeting. Visit could hurt already tense relations with China, which denounces him as a separatist.
5. NYPD cleared in surveillance of New Jersey mosques
Federal judge dismisses civil rights lawsuit brought by eight Muslims who alleged New York police discriminated based on religion, national origin, race.