Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. Russia ups its involvement in Ukraine turmoil
Ukraine's parliament calls for the U.N. Security Council to meet on the nation's ongoing crisis as Russian military blocks an airport in Crimea.
2. Obama kicks off 'My Brother's Keeper' initiative
The president calls for vigorous efforts to reverse underachievement among young black and Hispanic males.
3. A major U.S. nuclear waste dump is shuttered
Back-to-back accidents and an above-ground radiation release has shut down the federal government's only deep underground nuclear waste dump indefinitely, raising disposal questions.
4. Tea party vows to keep fighting
Republican primaries this election year will be a crucial test for the movement as the GOP establishment aggressively challenges tea-party backed candidates.
5. Why reservations for sunny vacations are on the rise
Winter-weary Americans are flocking to warm destinations to escape the endless winter.