On Wednesday, Mar. 12, 2014, the Bayer Bee Care Tour will be stopping at the McCrory Gardens & Visitor Center at South Dakota State University to provide bee health educational events and discussion, including:
· Bee Expert Presentations – Bayer will foster discussion among growers, beekeepers and university researchers
· Interactive Bee Health Exhibit – Hands-on bee health experiences to educate and display the importance of pollinators to agriculture and consumers
· Giveaways – Fuzzy bees, honey sticks, almonds and other giveaways
· Mobile Observation Bee Hive – Get an up-close-and-personal view of live bees in our enclosed observation hive
· Honey Tasting Bar – Where participants become "certified" honey tasters after they have smelled and tasted several flavors of honey (e.g. clover vs. mint)
The mobile Bee Care Tour kicked off earlier this year in Pullman, Wash. at Washington State University and has traveled to agriculture universities and farm communities across the West Coast and Midwest states over the past three months. The Tour will make its final stop in Washington, D.C. to celebrate National Pollinator Week in June.