Macy's evacuated after mattress fire - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Macy's evacuated after mattress fire

Posted: Updated:

Macy's was evacuated this afternoon because of a small fire in the store.

Fire rescue crews found a burning mattress pad in the store. They removed the smoldering mattress bad and evacuated all shoppers.

No one was allowed to enter until the smoke had been cleared from the building.

The fire started when the mattresses were pushed up against a florescent light.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.