Sioux Falls home damaged by grill fire - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Sioux Falls home damaged by grill fire

Posted: Updated:
A Sioux Falls home was damaged by fire after an outdoor cookout last weekend.
It happened a little after 8:00 Sunday evening on the 5200 block of Oakland Drive in Southwestern Sioux Falls.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue says when crews arrived, flames were coming from the back and the attic of the home. Crews first put out the fire on the outside of the house, before entering the home and taking care of flames in the attic. Firefighters had control of the fire in 15 minutes.
Nobody was hurt in the fire. However, the inside of the house does have moderate fire and smoke damage.
According to Sioux Falls Fire rescue, the fire was caused by a leak on a propane grill.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.