Burned popcorn prompts state office evacuation - KSFY News - Sioux Falls, SD News, Weather, Sports

Burned popcorn prompts state office evacuation

Posted: Updated:
 Burned popcorn was to blame for the brief evacuation of a state government office building in Pierre.
    
People in the Becker-Hansen building were evacuated as a precaution for a few minutes Wednesday afternoon when the burned popcorn in a microwave set off a fire alarm.
    
Assistant Fire Chief Leon Ellis says the popcorn was in a break room on the second floor, which houses the state Transportation Department.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KSFY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service or our EEO Report.