Fire damages Colton business

UPDATE: No one was hurt after a fire broke out at a business in Colton.

Firefighters responded to a fire at Matr's Garage on Main Avenue around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday.

The building was fully engulfed in flames by the time crews arrived at the scene, according to the Minnehaha County Sheriff's Office.

One person was inside the building when the fire started, but was able to get out safely. Investigators say that person was working with a piece of equipment when a spark started the fire.

Firefighters were able to get the flames under control within a few hours.

Crews from the Colton Volunteer Fire Department, as well as crews from six neighboring communities, responded to the fire.

______

Original story:

Authorities are responding to a fire at business in Colton.

The fire broke out at a garage on Main Street in Colton around 9:20 a.m. Tuesday.

KSFY News has not received any reports of injuries in the fire. We are still working to gather more details.

This is a developing news story. Check back for updates.