NestFresh’s Peppermint Chocolate Mint Eggnog
* 6 large NestFresh eggs
* 2 large NestFresh egg yolks
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons more sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 4 cups whole milk
* 12 peppermint candy canes, broken into pieces
* 3 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, sugar, salt, and the extracts in large saucepan over medium-low heat until combined. Pour in milk in a slow, steady stream, whisking until fully incorporated. Raise heat to medium. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 30 to 35 minutes.
2. Pour milk mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl. Set bowl in ice-water bath; let mixture cool completely. Transfer custard to an airtight container, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
3. Process candy canes in a food processor until finely crushed. Sift in a strainer to discard dust. Transfer to a shallow dish.
4. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Let cool 5 minutes. Dip rim of each cup into melted chocolate, then crushed peppermint. Refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove custard from refrigerator; set aside. Put cream into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into cold custard until combined.
6. Fill cups with eggnog. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint, and garnish with peppermint sticks; serve