Investigators: Suspicious Le Mars death due to meth overdose

Courtesy KCAU

LE MARS, Iowa (KSFY) - Authorities say a death deemed suspicious in Iowa late last year was caused by a methamphetamine overdose.

John Koley was found dead in his Le Mars, Iowa home last December. The Plymouth County Sheriff's Office said the death was "suspicious," and continued investigating the case.

On Monday, investigators released the results from a toxicology report. KCAU-TV reports the Iowa state medical examiner determined Koley died due to an accidental meth overdose.

The Plymouth County Sheriff and investigators are focusing their attention to finish a forensic examination on computer and surveillance equipment seized from the residence.