Police: Third suspect arrested in kidnapping, assault; one still at large

Ronald Webb. Courtesy of Minnehaha County Sheriff's Office.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KSFY) - Updated Aug. 21

Sioux Falls police said a 35-year-old man wanted for aggravated assault and kidnapping in Sioux Falls has been arrested.

Public Information Officer Sam Clemens said Christopher Allen Yahola is in custody in Cottonwood County, Minn. He was arrested over the weekend.

Yahola is one of two remaining suspects police had been searching for in connection to a kidnapping and assault where a victim was held in a basement for two days without food.

Authorities have already captured two men wanted in the incident - 56-year-old James Oliver Hanna, from Sioux Falls, and 38-year-old Robert Allen Fitzler, from Montrose.

Clemens said authorities are still searching for Ronald Webb.

-----------------------------------

Original story:

Police said a 'bad drug deal' may have led to an aggravated assault and kidnapping in Sioux Falls.

Last week, authorities arrested two of the four men wanted in the incident - 56-year-old James Oliver Hanna, from Sioux Falls, and 38-year-old Robert Allen Fitzler, from Montrose. Both men were wanted for first-degree kidnapping and aggravated assault.

Authorities are still searching for 38-year-old Ronald Lee Webb and 35-year-old Christopher Allen Yahola. Both are wanted for first-degree kidnapping and aggravated assault.

According to court documents, on Aug. 9, the 38-year-old victim went to Hanna's residence on South Sioux Street to collect payment for work done on Hanna's home. Hanna told the victim he didn't have the payment and to come back the next day.

When the victim returned Aug. 10, he stated there were other subjects inside the home who accused him of a drug deal 'gone wrong' and demanded $275 from him.

According to court documents, the victim reported that these subjects grabbed and struck him several times in the face, used a knife to cut his shirt and belt, and made him remove all his clothing. The victim also reported that these subjects used a blue torch to burn his face before forcing him in the basement.

The victim said he was denied food while locked in the basement for nearly two days. He was released from the basement on Aug. 12 and was taken to a local hospital for his injuries.