PIERRE, S.D. (KSFY) - Gov. Dennis Daugaard and First Lady Linda Daugaard will give Halloween treats to children who come trick-or-treating at the Governor’s Mansion.
They will hand out treats on Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. CDT.
“We invite you to stop at the Governor’s Mansion on Halloween; I think you’ll have a super time,” Gov. Daugaard said in a press release Monday. “Trick-or-treating at the mansion has been a long-standing tradition in the Capital City, and one Linda and I have enjoyed continuing each year.”
The Governor and First Lady expect to hand out more than 1,200 pieces of candy on Wednesday night, which has been donated by Mars, Incorporated.
The Governor asks children and parents across South Dakota to observe the following Halloween safety tips:
- Trick or treat during daylight hours or take a flashlight if going out after dark.
- Add reflective tape to costumes and trick or treat bags.
- Make sure vision is clear when wearing masks or other head garb.
- Adults should accompany young children; unaccompanied children should trick or treat in groups.
- Inspect candy before consuming; discard anything suspicious.