Weekend dryer fire damages Aberdeen laundry business

ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - A weekend fire extensively damaged a laundry business in Aberdeen.

The American News reports that State Street Laundromat and Pub is closed until repairs can be completed.

Fire Marshall Mike Thompson says the Sunday afternoon fire originated in a dryer, though the specific cause isn't known. He says a connection then failed on a gas line and the fire because a gas-fed blaze.

No one was hurt, and there was no damage to neighboring properties.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)