1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 (2-pound) flank steak
Salt for sprinkling
Black pepper for sprinkling
6 slices provolone cheese
1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, parsley, and oil; mix well and set aside.
3. To butterfly the steak, place steak on a cutting board and place one hand on top of it. Using your other hand, with a sharp slicing knife and holding your knife horizontally to the cutting board, carefully cut the steak in half, three-quarters of the way through the steak. When you are done, it should open up like a book.
4. Sprinkle both sides evenly with salt and pepper. Press the bread crumb mixture evenly over the steak. Layer with cheese and salami. Starting from the shortest side, roll up steak like a jelly roll and place seam side down. Insert a skewer every 1-1/2-inch to prevent it from unrolling. Cut 1/4-inch off both ends of steak and discard.
5. Cut steak into 1-1/2-inch-thick spirals between the skewers. Insert an additional skewer in each piece in a criss-cross fashion.
6. Coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Place steak spirals in pan in batches and sear 1 minute on each side. Place steak on baking sheet and roast 12 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness.