SIOUX FALLS, S.D.-Macy Miller continued her dominance at The Summit League Championships. With 30 points and career-tying 11 rebounds, the South Dakota State senior guard recorded her third double-double in a title game as the Jackrabbits recorded an 83-71 win over No. 25 South Dakota Tuesday afternoon in the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
South Dakota State won its 16th-straight game and will enter the NCAA Tournament at 26-6. South Dakota, ranked No. 23 in the USA Today Coaches Poll, falls to 28-5. USD was led by Allison Arens' 26 points.
Miller, the championships' most valuable player for the third time, scored nine-straight points in the second quarter as the Jackrabbits rallied from a 28-18 deficit to take a 35-32 lead with her 3-point field goal with 4:05 left in the half. The Jackrabbits never trailed again, going on a 27-6 run for a 45-34 lead after Rylie Cascio Jensen made back-to-back 3-point field goals with 2:06 remaining. During the run, the Jackrabbits forced USD into a 2-of-11 shooting performance.
During the comeback run, Miller became The Summit League's all-time leading scorer with a conventional three-point play with 4:51 left. Miller surpassed Oral Roberts' Kevi Luper (2009-12, 2,277) and now has scored 2,295 points.
The Jackrabbits trailed 19-15 after the first quarter and found themselves down 25-15 before Madison Guebert scored nine points in the second quarter to start the Jacks' comeback hopes. Guebert finished with 22 points.
South Dakota State pushed its lead to 19 points, 66-47, as the third quarter came to a close when Miller scored with 1:07 left. The Jacks led 68-49 after three quarters.
While South Dakota closed the gap to eight points, 76-68, the Jackrabbits closed the game by making 7 of 8 free throws.
• Miller, Guebert and Tagyn Larson were named to the 2019 The Summit League Championships all-tournament team.
• Miller's 30 points marked the sixth time in her career with 30-or-more points in a game. She also logged her seventh career double-double.
• Miller scored the most points for SDSU in a Summit League Championship game.
• Miller moved into sixth in single-season scoring with 578 points.
• The last time two Jackrabbits scored 20-or-more points in a game was Feb. 24 when Miller and Larson tallied 28 and 21 points, respectively vs. South Dakota.
• The Jackrabbits are now 28-2 in The Summit League Championships all-time.
For more information on the South Dakota State women's basketball team, follow the Jackrabbits on Twitter (@GoJacksWBB) or like South Dakota State women's basketball on Facebook.